[Asterisk-Users] Redhat 9 Music on hold

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Thu Mar 17 11:13:11 MST 2005

Daniel Burget wrote:
> I have read every thread, I have Redhat 9, Asterisk 1.0.6, 2 T1 lines
> connected via TE405P. Everything works great, except MOH. I added an
> exten with MusicOnHold(30), and it plays just fine. Conferences have
> music when no one is in. I have SIP phones. When I place a call on hold,
> the CLI give no indication the call is on hold. I have set
> musiconhold(default) everywhere, removed it from everywhere, nothing
> seems to help. I am using 59r of MPG123, and do not have MPG321
> installed.
>
> I did a 'make mpg123' from asterisk, make no difference.

I believe it is a bug:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.pbx.asterisk.user/85000

although I don't know if a bug was ever filed. I had a cursory look at
the time we were bitten by this but couldn't find one. Pulling a newer
CVS Stable and rebuilding resolved the issue.

Regards,

--
Jason Becker
Director & CEO