[Asterisk-Users] Polycom vs. Cisco IP Phones

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Thu Mar 17 10:30:35 MST 2005

I think Cisco VoIP phones are absolute works of art.  The first time I
saw one, I wanted them,

That being said, I use Polycom IP 500s and I absolutely love them.
The speakerphone is excellent, configs are pretty simple once you know
what you are doing with them, and the phone is very aesthetically
pleasing.  Firmware can be updated by placing the .ld files on an FTP
server and telling the phone where to get configs.  Very simple to do.
The compatibility is good for using them with Asterisk with no
surprises.

My $0.02

Cheers,
Wiley