[Asterisk-Users] Polycom vs. Cisco IP Phones

Max Clark max at clarksys.com
Thu Mar 17 10:03:16 MST 2005

Hi all,

I am working on building a new VoIP PBX. Looking at the current market
for phones it seems my best "enterprise" options are the Cisco and
Polycom phones. I have some experiance with the Cisco 7940G, but the
process of flashing the phone with the SIP firmware left a bad taste in
my mouth (not to mention the added expense for the phone).

What is the general consensis about the polycom IP phones? Are they
good? Are they better than Cisco? What do I do for the receptionist's
station?

Thanks in advance,
Max

--