[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID problem

Oswaldo Arratia oarratia at workersequity.net
Thu Mar 17 09:59:06 MST 2005

Hi List

I've been using Asterisk for quite some time with no major problems, but
I've been facing this bug from the beginning and now I want to see if that
is fixable.

We have a provider who terminates our USA LD traffic and the problem comes
when relaying the caller ID I send them from my Asterisk.
Here is the weird thing,
I send a call with valid caller ID info (areacode+number); my provider gets
the call and routes it properly, the end receiver gets the call and does not
see the caller ID I sent, they just get 'Unknown Number'.

This remains true for some receivers, others using a different telephone
company or cellular company do get the caller ID I sent.

Examples:
Cingular, Verizon do not show my caller ID info
Nextel, T-mobile do show my caller ID info

Is there something I am not following or not doing it industry standard?

Thanks

Oswaldo A.