[Asterisk-Users] Last guy to get BV working outbound?

Brian G briang at net109.com
Thu Mar 17 09:27:44 MST 2005

I have tried everything to get BV working outbound.  All worked fine
until the BV change last week.  I called BV and they changed me to sip
gen with a new password.  I stripped my Asterisk server to one phone on
Zap/1 until I get this working.  The same BV account works fine with a
SPA-3000 so I don't suspect a firewall problem.

Symptoms: Asterisk registers with BV Ok
Incoming calls work
Outbound calls send Invite, receive 100, then 401
Asterisk sends an ACK instead of another Invite with credentials

If anyone knows what specifically makes Asterisk respond to the 401 with
credentials for an authenticated Invite, I'd appreciate it.  I can't
seem to find this out.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Here is my sip.conf:

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind SIP channel to
context = default               ; Default context for incoming calls
srvlookup = yes                 ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound
calls

disallow=all                    ; Disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw                      ; Allow codecs in order of preference
;
; Configuration for BroadVoice
;
register =>
508XXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com:pword:508XXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com
;
[broadvoice]
type=peer
host=sip.broadvoice.com
secret=pword
fromuser=508XXXXXXX
username=508XXXXXXX
authuser=508XXXXXXX
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
context=incoming
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=inband
qualify=yes

in extensions.conf:
[default]
exten => _81XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@broadvoice)
exten => _81XXXXXXXXXX,2,Congestion()
exten => _81XXXXXXXXXX,102,busy()

Other Asterisk info:

*CLI> sip show registry
Host                  Username     Refresh State
147.135.0.128:5060    508XXXXXXX       120 Registered
*CLI>
*CLI> show version
Asterisk CVS-03/11/05-16:07:49 built by root at hostname.com on a i686
running Linux
*CLI>
*CLI> Mar 17 10:35:08 NOTICE[-245486672]: chan_sip.c:5047
handle_response: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"Analog1"
<sip:508XXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com>;tag=as212bf17