[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy - no sound in Asterisk@Home

Jonathan Berger jon.berger at stitch.co.za
Thu Mar 17 07:06:37 MST 2005

Hi

Im using Asterisk @ Home 0.6 running on VM ware virtual machine. I have no
interface card and have configured ztdummy as best I could. I know that the
usb timer is installed correctly on the machine.I changed the following
files to try getting it working:

/usr/src/zaptel/Makefile  - I changed the Module to read MODULES = zaptel
ztdummy and PRIMARY = torisa

then I entered make clean and make install, then recompiled libpri and
asterisk,

I added a modprobe ztdummy in  /etc/rc.d/rc.local to make sure it is present
at startup before Asterisk is launched

I edited the file etc/init.d/zaptel  and changed MODULES and RMODULES to
point to ztdummy only.

The problem is that after restarting asterisk the sound for commands like
Playback and MusicOnHold do not work. But I can still hear ringing tone and
call SIP to SIP with good sound. The only way I can get Playback to work
after restarting the server is if I recompile zaptel and then make calls
without reloading asterisk. Then it works fine. If I restart Asterisk again
the sound fails. I have tried modprobe zaptel, modprobe ztdummy and sudo
service zaptel start.

Please mail me at  <mailto:jon.berger at stitch.co.za> jon.berger at stitch.co.za
if you know how to get sound to work with ztdummy and not have to recompile
zaptel every time.

Jonathan Berger

082 574 5064