[Asterisk-Users] t.38 support news?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Mar 17 04:49:23 MST 2005

Hi,

I have T.38 over UDPTL with SIP signalling kind of working-ish within
Asterisk. I hope to be passing code around for some serious testing by
other people in a couple of weeks, or so. Certainly within a month. Once
I have it stabilised with UDPTL and SIP I will get it working with IAX.
Then I aim to get it working over RTP. I have no plans for T.38 over TCP
right now, as it doesn't seem to be in common use. I have no persoanl
interest in H.323. If someone wants to extend it to work with H.323
that's fine by me. I am making a PSTN gateway, and extended app_rxfax
and app_txfax programs which can transfer via T.38.

The bigegst holdup has really been the poor state of T.38 support in
current equipment. Few ATAs do it. Fewer do it right.

Regards,
Steve