[Asterisk-Users] Cisco gateways and hairpinning

Shaoul Jacobson - TELLINK shaoul at tellink.com
Thu Mar 17 04:44:24 MST 2005

Hi,

Some time I did not touch a cisco.
At a previous job, I managed a 53xx

If I remembered well, you can define dial-peers at ingress and outgress.
The trick is the add a very specific header at ingress and remove it at
outgress.

Also, by then, not all traffic directions where possible on the 53xx.
IP -> E1/T1		ok
E1/T1 -> IP		ok
E1/T1 -> E1/T1	ok

IP-> IP		NOT OK !

I had to loose 2 E1's to move IP traffic back to IP
So, I had IP -> E1.0 -> E1.1 -> IP
The destination IP could be the same as original (hairpin) or different

That was some times ago, only on the 5300 and from memory

Regards,

Shaoul Jacobson
Senior VoIP Consultant
Tellink