[Asterisk-Users] Pattern Matching?

asterisk at stephenamadei.com asterisk at stephenamadei.com
Wed Mar 16 23:08:57 MST 2005

I need to deploy some quasi-virtual-PBXes, and I'd like to avoid having to
be hands on for each new phone number deployed... so I would like to set
up some administrative extensions that can record greetings... lets say:

[admin]
exten => 8(NXXNXXXXXX),1,Record($1|-greeting.gsm)

[incoming]
exten => _(NXXNXXXXXX),1,Playback($1|-greeting)
exten => _(NXXNXXXXXX),2,Goto($1,1000)
exten => _(NXXNXXXXXX),102,Playback(generic-greeting)

[2122222222]
exten => 1000,VoiceMail(22222)

[3103333333]
exten => 1000,VoiceMail(33333)

The concept here is like the capture buffer in a Perl regex.

So that if "admin" dialed 82122222222, it would give them the chance to
record the greeting, which would be put in the 212222222-greeting.gsm
file.

If someone called 2122222222, it would play the 2122222222-greeting.gsm
file, if it existed, otherwise if it failed, it would play
generic-greeting.gsm.  Then it would change context based in the called
number.

Granted, I'm asking for alot here, but is there any way to approximate
this kind of an advanced configuration with Asterisk?

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
5114 Harbor Beach Blvd
Brigantine Beach, NJ 08203