[Asterisk-Users] FXS->FXO Converter??

Joel Moraes joel at moraesonline.com
Wed Mar 16 21:25:04 MST 2005

Hi guys!

    I bought an device that it is used to connect two PBX, two modems or two phones. It has two RJ11 connections. If you plug two phones and pickup one the other one will ring.
    I am trying to use this device as a FXS to FXO converter with a X100P Clone. I plugged one end at the modem and the other one with a phone. The problem is that when I load the wcfxo module this device thinks that the X100P clone is off hook and the telephone starts to ring.
    The device has two lights that indicates which phone is off-hook. When I load the wcfxo module the light doesn't go bright red. Actually you can barely notice that there is some light, but there is.
    Anyone can help me with some hint? I think that the X100P Clone give some power to the line and the device think it is off-hook. Is there any way that I can set the wcfxo module to work in a different way?

Thanks in advance.

Joel Moraes