[Asterisk-Users] Dial multiple extensions, but different variables/timeouts

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:23:22 MST 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering I would accomplish the following: I want to dial several
SIP extensions simultaneously, HOWEVER, for different times (say ext
10 for 15 sec and ext 11 for 30 sec), and potentially with different
headers (such as ALERT_INFO) and codecs for each extension. Obviously
whoever picks up first gets the call. After the longest timeout
expires (30 sec in this example) I want to move to the next priority,
say voice mail.

I think this is pushing the ability of the Dial application a bit, but
I'm curious to hear what suggestions others have. I have already
patched the Dial app some time ago to allow me to pass different
variables for each extension (SIP_CODEC and ALERT_INFO) and this works
quite well -- but I don't think this is the cleanest way of doing it.
I could certainly tweak it to have different timeouts per extension,
but I'm looking for ideas/feedback before I do this.

Thanks...
--Luki