[Asterisk-Users] IAX Registration being lost

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Mar 16 15:19:05 MST 2005

What doesn't make sense about that is that if you are setup like this...

DSL Router ---> Your Firewall/Router ---> Asterisk Box

Then the issue of being dynamic will not matter to the * box.  IP
storing is mute since the end point and start point are not changing.
All that is changing is the IP on the outside of your Firewall/Router
and thus a momentary loss of connectivity.  AAH would not care about
that in relation to what it has stored.  It will just attempt the
registration and pass data to the gateway (inside interface of your
FW/Router) just like before.  As far as it is concerned, nothing has
changed except now the attempt to communicate outward dies on the first
hop until the new IP is assigned to the external interface of your FW.

Try this.  Start some IAX debug in the CLI the next time it happens.
Tracert your IAX target and see if you can get to it.
Ifconfig the interface to see what is setup.

Report back.

Thanks,
Wiley