[Asterisk-Users] MGCP Channel Lockup and other probelms

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Wed Mar 16 14:00:03 MST 2005

Hi All,
I'm trying to hook up asterisk (CVS-HEAD-02/09/05-13:44:11 ) to a ADIT
600 via MGCP. Got it working really nice but now have a pretty bad problem:

1. When I perform a flash on the telephone, I usually get a second
dialtone, but when I dial, dialtone doesn't break. If I flash back and
forth  a few times, it will eventually give me no dialtone.. here if I
dial, it successfully completes a call.
2. While trying to get the dialing to work. The MGCP channel hung. the
call came in IAX.. I hung up the originating channel (IAX side) and it
never reported the hangup.. now I see:
Mar 16 14:12:12 WARNING[8904]: channel.c:523 ast_channel_walk_locked:
Avoided deadlock for 'MGCP/aaln/1 at 192.168.10.5-1', 10 retries!
over and over..

Show channels shows:
IAX2/utxaustin01 at utxaustin01/2  (cp-austin 5125551234   1   )    Ring
Dial          MGCP/aaln/1 at 192.168.10.5-1

soft hangup on the IAX side dosen't do anything
soft hangup on the MGCP side things it's not a valid channel
tab completion in the CLI seems to be sluggish and locks the CLI
sometimes (have to ctrl-c and go back in with asterisk -r)

mgcp reload doesn't do anything (now it says it's waiting for the
previous reload to finish)

unload chan_mgcp.so says it's being used
unload -f chan_mgcp.so says it failed.

haven't tried unload -h yet.. scared..

Any ideas?  what may have caused these problems and how do I get out of
this mess without restarting the whole system? BTW, SIP calls are
completing just fine..

Thanks,
Brett