[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Problems

David Choo DavidChoo at espore.com
Wed Mar 16 08:03:50 MST 2005

Dear All,

I've setup got a Asterisk and pgSQL combi that works fine. I'm about to
perform the migration deployment when I noticed a issue which I need some
expert advise here.

When user connect to Voicemail, the CPU Load of the machine will shoot up
to around 50 - 60%, and its causing sound distortion, and not to mention
serious discomfort during my demo. Call to unavailable users will yield the
same result, calls to busy users will yield the same result too.

However, PSTN / IP calls all work smoothly. Similary, my IVR works
perfectly.

I've tried adding, and subsequently removing the following sample lines to
no effect.

exten = s,1,answer()

I might have missed something out, and I don't have much time left. Would
appreciate any help. I'm forwarding only part of the extensions.conf here
as I don't want to jam up the mail, but if anyone requires, please buzz me
and I'll forward you the entire file! Cheers!

========================================= Start
=======================================

exten = a,1,VoicemailMain(${MACRO_EXTEN})
exten = a,n,Hangup()

exten = s,1,NoOp(${ARG1})
exten = s,n,NoOp(${ARG2})
exten = s,n,NoOp(${ARG3})
exten = s,n,NoOp(${ARG4})
exten = s,n,NoOp(${ARG5})
exten = s,n,NoOp(${ARG6})

;exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERIDNAME}" = ""]?setName:skipSetName)
;exten => s,n(setName),SetCIDName(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s,n,SetCIDName(${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => s,n,SetCIDNum(${CALLERIDNUM})

exten = s,n,GotoIf($["${ARG4}" != "0"]?${ARG2},${ARG4},1:)
exten = s,n,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}&IAX2/${ARG1},${ARG3},,TtWw)
exten = s,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten = s-BUSY,1,GotoIf($["${ARG5}" != "0"]?${ARG2},${ARG5},1:)
exten = s-BUSY,n,Voicemail(b${MACRO_EXTEN})
exten = s-BUSY,n,Hangup()

exten = s-NOANSWER,1,Answer()
exten = s-NOANSWER,n,Voicemail(u${MACRO_EXTEN})
exten = s-NOANSWER,n,Hangup()

exten = _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)

======================================= End

Best Regards,

==============================
David Choo
Systems Engineer
Business & Technology Division
"Engineered for Changing Businesses"
Espore Corp Pte Ltd
68 Kallang Pudding Rd
#04-03 SYH Logistics Bldg
Singapore 349327
Tel: 65-68487806
Fax : 65-6842 2724
E-mail :DavidChoo at Espore.com
=============================

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor deliver this message to anyone. Instead, please delete this
message and destroy any other record of it immediately and kindly notify
the sender by return email. Thank you for your co-operation.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late, or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the context of this message nor can the sender guarantee that
this message is virus free.