[Asterisk-Users] (Yet another) Music on hold problem and another...

Neil A. Hillard asterisk at dana.org.uk
Tue Mar 15 16:03:57 MST 2005

Hi,

>Your problem with MOH has to do with the fact that Asterisk needs a
>timing source to play back music on hold. So when there is an audio
>stream coming in asterisk can use that incoming stream as a timing
>source. If however silence suppression is used, then asterisk has no
>timing source therefore MOH doesn't work. You can get a timing source
>by loading ztdummy. Look up asterisk timing on the wiki
>The wiki is located here:
>www.voip-info.org
Thanks for that bit of info, I understand now !!!  I've compiled up
ztdummy and loaded it with modprobe.  an lsmod shows that it's loaded.

Unfortunately the wiki's down at the moment, so is there anything I have
to do, apart from restarting * for the module to take effect.  I can't
work out if I need to put anything into zaptel.conf or one of the *
.conf files.

Apologies if I'm being thick !!!

Many thanks in advance,

                                Neil.