[Asterisk-Users] Realtime config

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Mar 15 14:29:01 MST 2005

> The only two things I have found that doesn't work is a) the mailbox
> entry for a SIP user doesn't actually light up the MWI (Message
> Waiting Indicator); and b) voicemail passwords cannot begin with a
> '0' (zero) because its a numeric field.

    You are behind the times. The MWI now works. You need to checkout the
newest sip.conf.sample and look for rtsipcache (or something like that).

    You can simply change the password field from INT (4) to VARCHAR(4).

    Lets also be clear that problem a. with the MWI is NOT a
res_config_mysql issue. It is a "RealTime Issue" and not specific to any ARA
driver.

-Matthew