[Asterisk-Users] OT: Best DB

Giudice, Salvatore Salvatore.Giudice at FMR.COM
Tue Mar 15 11:00:54 MST 2005

MySQL: Speed, Power and Precision
_________________________________

MySQL is free. It can be installed in less than 59 minutes from source
for light use by a first time user AND there is no need for extravagant
tuning. Out of the box, it comes with 4 database engines: Isam, MyIsam,
Heap, InnoDB, and BDB - and if you are particularly keen on undertaking
elaborate tuning projects to squeeze every last drop of life from a
database, you can even write your own database engine for MySQL.

If you are so keen on paying for something, try buying support - MySQL
AB. With PostgreSQL, you could get support from a mom and pop shop...
However, either way you will save tons of money over Oracle.

For benchmark information comparing MySQl with several DB's on various
OS's (yes Oracle and PostgreSQL are included) see the following link:

http://ftp.iranscience.net/pub/databases/mysql/information/benchmarks.ht
ml