[Asterisk-Users] fcpci - capi driver for Fritz

Shane Dalgleish asterisk at tragicflirt.com
Tue Mar 15 08:20:27 MST 2005

I've put my fire proof suit on ready to ask a question ;o)

Redhat 9
Kernel 2.4.20-8
AVM Fritz PCI

Problem 1...

i have followed instructions from:-
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+AVM+Fritz+CAPI+Driver+Install
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+How+to+connect+with+CAPI
(Plus many many other sites found via google over the last 16 hours)

after modifying the makefile & defs.h, # make
Throws up a whole bunch or errors ending with..

make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/fritz/src.drv'
make: *** [drv] Error 2

it doesn't compile a fcpci.o for this kernel..

There are 2 other fcpci.o files (fcpci1.o  fcpci2.o), but if I try to
insmod them, I get an error like..

./fcpci1.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        ./fcpci1.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.20-4GB
        while this kernel is version 2.4.20-8.

Where am I going wrong?

Question 2...

>From http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+AVM+Fritz+CAPI+Driver+Install
(this will replace the HiSax driver, so unload that if present in your
system)

Does this just mean # rmmod hisax , or is there more to it than that?

Cheers
Shane