[Asterisk-Users] Site to Site Gateway

Michael Sanders Michael.Sanders at titanit.co.za
Tue Mar 15 06:31:26 MST 2005

Hi,

Ive been searching the lists and cant find the exact solution I need
using *. I need to route voice channels between two sites across cisco
routers.Both PBX's are analog only (no Digital upgrade path).

I was thinking for the Gateways at each site.Have 2 FXS/FXO in each
gateway.Two ports can be connected to the PABX incoming tie lines and
two connected to extensions.LCR can be programmed into the PBX to pick
up one of the two tie lines and this will give you a extension of the
remote pbx.

First of all is this solution possible?

What will be the overall bandwidth (with IP overhead and all that
stuff) per two way channel using G.729.?

Will * open the channel and keep it open even if no call is taking
place?

Thanks in advance.

Michael