[Asterisk-Users] It's impossible to flash a modem line (ISDN)

Raoul Bönisch jkl345 at gmx.net
Tue Mar 15 04:34:00 MST 2005

* Raoul Bönisch <jkl345 at gmx.net> [2005-03-14 19:26]:
> * Stu Gotz <ipt at othertel.com> [2005-03-14 16:56]:
> > The H0,H1 timing may be tricky, but, If the modem is AT compliant, ATD! is
> > the flash command. The timing is based on S register 29.
>
> Yes, that's another possibility. We're close to it. I have the
> idea of using the System() application to call a program flashing
> the modem. This should be quite easy. :-)

But it is impossible for ISDN. The others were right, ISDN is
digital and there is no way you can flash this digital line. ISDN
devices utilize other means to do things such as HOLD and
TRANSFER, i.e. Q.931 messages as mentioned.

In minicom ATD! gives an error, because it is not implemented in
ISDN4Linux of course.

I would have to switch to CAPI but the driver doesn't compile
cleanly yet.

	Raoul