[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice's changes last week broke call forwarding

Paul Nuyujukian asterisk.lists at herag.com
Tue Mar 15 00:55:40 MST 2005

I'm guessing it's the sudafed that caused me to wildly try this, but I'm
glad I did, because though it creates a new concern, it solved my
problem. Just for kicks I tried setting the canreinvite parameter to no
for the broadvoice peer, and that fixed everything.

My server is on a live ip, no nat, and reinvite had worked before (pre
last weeks change), so I had figured why not save bandwidth when
possible? The question now is, why does reinvite capability have to be
disabled for broadvoice to allow asterisk to forward my calls? This
appears to be entirely an internal maneuver on my side, so why can't my
asterisk server perform (re)invite authentication to broadvoice on two
channels that it handles completely (one incoming and one outgoing)?

I don't understand enough about the intricacies of SIP and invite, but
something doesn't seem right. I should be allowed to have reinvite
capability here.

Any thoughts?

Paul