[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GXP-2000

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Mon Mar 14 20:57:05 MST 2005

I ordered one of these from Grandstream to evaluate, along with a Handy-Tone
488. They both arrived today (I'm in Australia).

After having played with the GXP-2000 for about 2 hours, my advice is to
wait. Whilst it looks and feels a lot nicer than a Budgetone (approaching
the build quality of a Sipura/Snom), it is extremely buggy.

Codecs other than Ulaw/Alaw hang the phone (so far I've only tested G726-32
and iLbc), DHCP wouldn't work at all, etc. etc.

If anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to perform some tests and
give feedback.