[Asterisk-Users] LCR Question - Keep one trunk free

Mathew McKernan mat at dwonline.com.au
Mon Mar 14 17:11:28 MST 2005

Hi all,

Got an interesting question here.

We have 2 incoming ISDN channels (linked to a local phone number that
our customers call), and an account with a local IP provider. We use the
ISDN for local, 13 calls - 13 is a call who's destination depends on the
originating call (no point putting it through the IP provider as it will
think we are calling from the wrong city and may not get through).
Mobile and interstate calls go out through the IP provider as they are
cheaper than the local telco.

Basically, my boss wants me to configure the asterisk box, to only send
out one call through the ISDN and the rest out through the IP network,
even if it's a local call/13 call. So that way if two staff are making
outgoing local calls, customers can still call in on the ISDN trunk. Any
ideas?

Thanks

Mathew