[Asterisk-Users] Skype - Bandwidth

Paulo Sequeira psequeira at racsa.co.cr
Mon Mar 14 14:11:14 MST 2005

César Davi Ávila do Nascimento wrote:
> Talk about skype is forbidden, but to be impolite is allowed...
> Great list!
>
> Regards

César, I'm sorry your experience here has been very bad, but I'd like to
make some clarifications in order to avoid you further frustrations with
this or even some other lists you may want to be in.

The harsh answers you've got are the result of violating several
politeness rules that usually apply to mailing lists (not only this
one), and it will be very good for you to learn them, (or a last be
aware that they may exist).

In first place, you posted a question in the wrong place. As it has been
stressed, this is not the place for Skype questions (the same would have
happened if you had asked what's ). If you have an Skype question, ask
Skype guys, which should know better than anyone else.

Second, what you asked was something you could have learned by yourself
by simply making a quick search with google or perhaps some other search
engine, and what somebody would have done to answer you is just do that
search. This is like asking someone else make your homework.

Third, you're using HTML mail, which is generally regarded as
inappropiate for participating in (public) lists, as the resulting size
and poor readability are disgusting to people not using HTML mail-aware
clients or searching the archives.

So, if you feel people have been impolite with you is because you've
been (inadvertently) very impolite to the list in the first place. I
don't have at hand any links to give about places you could learn more
of theese and other etiquette rules, but you should care about it.

Hope this helps you.

Sincerely,

Paulo Sequeira