[Asterisk-Users] Has anybody experience with SetGroup / CheckGroup commands?

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Mar 14 13:17:36 MST 2005

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> SetGroup(moh)   can be moh anything as I like? Usually moh stands for
> "music on hold"
> CheckGroup(1)  checks if somebody in in group "moh". Does it mean I can
> only have one SetGroup(xxx) ??

The idea is that when you do setgroup you are putting this caller into a
group.  I.E. you could have

exten => s,1,SetGroup(People_With_Short_Hair)

That would put anyone who visits this extension into the
People_With_Short_Hair group.

then if you do:

exten => s,2,CheckGroup(678)

You can make sure that there are not more than 678 people already in the
People_With_Short_Hair group.

If there are more than 678 people in the group then the application will
go to the priority x+101 where x is the current priority.

See the ,2, on the checkgroup line?  That's the current priority.  So,
2+101=103.

So you could have a line

exten => s,103,Playback(more_than_678_short_hair)

which would only be played if there are more than 678 people in the group.

If however there are less than or equal to the number inside the
brackets for checkgroup (say for example there are 500 people who have
short hair), then it will continue to the next priority.

As above, the current priority is 2 when you do the checkgroup, so the
next priority is 3.  This means that you can have the line:

exten => s,3,Playback(less_than 678_short_hair)

Now, if we put them all together you'd end up with:

exten => s,1,SetGroup(People_With_Short_Hair)
exten => s,2,CheckGroup(678)
exten => s,3,Playback(less_than_or_equal_to_678_short_hair)
exten => s,103,Playback(more_than_678_short_hair)

Hope this helps!

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell