[Asterisk-Users] Skype - Bandwidth

Bogdan BALAJ bogdan.balaj at coresoft.ro
Mon Mar 14 12:46:39 MST 2005

I met him once.

Please use google before asking. There is a chance somebody had same
question before. Also, a nice place to start might be their wesite.

According to Skype's site:

How much bandwidth does Skype use while I’m in a call?
On average, Skype uses between 3-16 kilobytes/sec depending on bandwidth
available for other party, network conditions in between, callers CPU
performance, etc.
How much bandwidth does Skype use when there are no active calls?
On average Skype uses 0-0.5 kilobytes/sec while idle. This is used mainly
for buddy presence updates. The exact bandwidth depends on many factors.

Bogdan 'googling around' B.