[Asterisk-Users] Setting NAT=yes for not NATed clients

Roman Zhovtulya roman at fh-offenburg.de
Mon Mar 14 11:14:47 MST 2005

Hello,
I wonder if I would have to sacrifice anything if I set "NAT=yes" for
all sip clients I have, regardless of whether they are behind the NAT or
not.

The idea is to have the setting that works regardless of whether the
user is behind the NAT or not, since I'm not sure what connection that
particular user has to Internet at the moment.

I've tried and NAT=yes works even for those clients that are not behind
the NAT.

Is there any peformance problems/etc if I set NAT=yes for all clients?

Thanks,
Roman