[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 audio problems

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Mon Mar 14 10:49:00 MST 2005

Sorry everyone, I know this has been hashed over a bunch of times but I
can't find anything that pertains to specific cracking and popping on the
FXO modules of a TDM04.  This happens on inbound or outbound calls.  This is
the first install I have done with a TDM card for FXO modules so please, be
kind if I am missing something really simple.

Damn I wish everyone wanted t-1's or pri's!

Everything sounds great UA to UA and the dialplan works but any calls
through the TDM card sound like crap.  Getting bunch of crackling and
ticking in the audio.  I swapped the tdm card with a spare x100 clone that I
had lying around and the audio is fine.  This is a p4 3.4 proc with 4 gig of
DDR2 on an Intel server board.

zaptel.conf

loadzone = us
defaultzone=us