[Asterisk-Users] How to flash a modem line

Raoul Bönisch jkl345 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 14 08:50:11 MST 2005

* Mateo Meier <ich at mateo.ch> [2005-02-28 09:13]:
> I tryed that with capi.. but no luke. It will hang up the line anyway :-(
>
> exten => s,1,Playback(transfer)
> exten => s,2,Flash(capi/72044**:041720****,18)
> exten => s,3,SendDTMF(${ARG1})
> exten => s,4,Hangup()
>
> Any idears why ?

No wonder! The Flash() application can flash zap channels only
and you are trying to flash a modem channel. There's no obvious
facility to flash a modem channel as I can find nothing about it
in chan_modem.c. :-\

I want to do the same thing and I am using ISDN4Linux. Perhaps we
can try submit AT-commands to the modem line. A timed H0 and H1
command would do the thing. I'm afraid we'd have to change the
asterisk source code though. It would even work with CAPI as you
can use ISDN4Linux on top of CAPI, too.

Please tell me if you find any solutions :-)

Greets!

	Raoul