[Asterisk-Users] Location of Voice e-mail Code???

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 08:00:40 MST 2005

> I need to be able to send an sms alert to one's mobile/cell phone. For
> instance, when I receive a voicemail message in my inbox, I also want to
> be able to get a message on my cell phone alerting me of this e-mail. How
> possible is this?

This is probably cheating: I have a free email account with my cell
provider and they give 50 free SMS to alert when an email is received.
When I'm travelling, I set this address up and I get an SMS every time
a vmail is left for me.

Nothing was done inside asterisk, it just sends an email to an address
which handles the forwarding.