[Asterisk-Users] E1/T1 back to back ??

Brett, Gary gary.brett at cetelem.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 04:43:48 MST 2005

Hi there

Just a quick question, I will be building some servers in a lab utilizing
Digium E1 cards. I would like if possible to avoid the expense of installing
an e1/ISDN30 in my lab. I have two questions really, first does anybody know
of an effective simulation tool I can use to replicate a real world PRI but
without the telco line being installed. And secondly, can I have a scenario
with 2 asterisk servers with digium e1 cards 'back to back' one configured
as the network side and the other configured as the client side (can I just
use a single cat5 straight through cable between them ?? and cant the Digium
e1 cards operate ok in both modes?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated