[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic KX-TD1232

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Mar 14 03:40:30 MST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Dennie Verstrepen wrote:

> I'm trying to connect an Asterisk server with the Panasonic KX-TD1232
> Phone System. Is this possible? Which hardware do I need and which
> Asterisk configuration files should I adjust?

Yes, it is possible. How it is done depends on what interfaces you have in
the Panasonic at the moment and what you are willing to spend to acheive
various levels of integration.

One option is to connect using an E1 between Asterisk (e.g. a Digium
TE410P card) and a KX-TD290 E1 card on the Panasonic. This will make
Asterisk look like the PSTN to the Panasonic. The same can be acheived
using the BRI lines on the baseboard in the KX-TD1232.

Another option is to hook up Asterisk as analogue extensions, but this is
a lot less flexible.

Unfortunatly Panasonic only offers an integrated dialplan between pbx:es
with their TIE cards which use few analogue connections.

We use a KX-TD290 to a TE405P card and then another E1 to the PSTN.

Peter