[Asterisk-Users] Re: Regarding Incoming Calls on PRI

n a hnbam20 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 22:16:38 MST 2005

Hello,
Thank you guys it works with
setting overlapdial=yes,immediate=no .
Regards
Nauman Bin Ali

Peter Svensson <psvasterisk at psv.nu> wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Joe Antkowiak wrote:

> > Hello
> >
> > Well i think that overlapdial=yes would be required if i am trying to dial
> > from the asterisk side, whereas in my case i am trying to do the opposite.
> > I think that asterisk would enter the overlap receiving if i send it a setup
> > request with either no called number or incomplete called number. When i do
> > this the asterisk unlike sending me a setup acknowledge message (as Euro
> > ISDN says) it sends me a connect message and then hangs up saying that its
> > an invalid extension :(

The "overlapdial" setting enables both incoming and outgoing ovarlap
reception/sending. You need it enabled on all interfaces where you want to
handle overlap digits. You can safely enable it, since Asterisk handles
the Sending Complete message from e.g. the pstn.

If you want to assemble the digits using the dialplan (unless you know
otherwise you do) then you need to set immediate=no. This instructs
asterisk to build an extension until a match is made in the dialplan.

The Dial application also understands overlap dialing and will pass on
overlap digits that are received after dial is called and pass them to the
outgoing call leg.

Peter

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: