[Asterisk-Users] cordless/wireless system with a ip base station?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 16:42:35 MST 2005

Panasonic makes a system that has a very good 2.4 GHz system, with
multi cordless and multi site support that can be easily hooked into
asterisk using either FXS or FXO (CO ports on the Panasonic to FXS
ports on Asterisk looks the best). It's the TAW-848 from panasonic
with each cell site taking up one station port on the panasonic, it
comes with 4 co ports that you can hook into 2 SPA2000s or any other
FXSs you might have on your asterisk box. The reason I mention this
system is because this is the only system that I know in the consumer
market that will allow you to have multi cell operation, as well as
the fact that it is made for small business which makes it more
reliable than the home designed ones, in my experience this has been a
far better product than any other home based multi cordless system.
There are countless others that make multi cordless system, but I
dont' know of any that makes it so cheap and easy to use with multi
site support, and as reliable.