[Asterisk-Users] Text Messaging or AIM

Jess Coburn jess.coburn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 14:18:06 MST 2005

So you basically want an SMS or IM callback app right?

One way to do this would be send an email to an address like
(callmeback at domain.com) and have a cronjob query/pop this email
address for your specific message and then when it finds it have it
create a .call file to call you and connect you to whatever context
you setup, etc.  Shouldn't be very hard at all.  This would allow for
emails and I'm pretty sure every cell can send an email.

As for IM/AIM I'd just find a Perl AIM package (quick google returned:
http://search.cpan.org/~aryeh/Net-AIM-1.22/AIM.pm) and again it same
thing, if it gets a IM with the correct details in it, simply create a
.call file to call your cell. Again this too should be pretty easy to
setup.

Here's the link to creating .call files:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+auto-dial+out

Jess