[Asterisk-Users] Text Messaging or AIM

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Sun Mar 13 12:25:10 MST 2005

There is a program for linux called centericq, this program is for
connecting a linux box to aim, icq, msn, etc something like trillian.
Anyway, this centericq lets you define external commands that can run when
you send it a message containing certain words. Also, you can define a
"system" call in asterisk.

The way I see this is simple:

Install centericq on your linux box and get a nick for it so it will connect
to all messengers as would a person. Then define on its external command
file a keyword to create a .call file for asterisk. Then it is simple, just
send a message via any messenger to your linux box and it will create the
call file and asterisk will process it, thus, calling you. :)

How does that sound?