[Asterisk-Users] ASTCC and NuFone billing is different!!

Martijn van Oosterhout martijn at ecomtel.com.au
Sun Mar 13 07:28:11 MST 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:26:40PM -0500, William Suffill wrote:
> NuFone service bills in industry standard billing increments, which
> are: six (6) seconds for the US48, sixty (60) seconds to Mexico and
> fifteen (15) seconds to the remainder of the world.
>
> From: http://www.nufone.net/tac.html

Ah right, so this is where some dodgy Australian carriers got that
idea. Fortunatly it's not common and per second billing is the norm for
standard phone lines. Calling cards tend to fiddle around more here.

The worst I saw was a calling card that advertised per minute rates and
at the bottom of the page declared: 1 minute is defined as 57 seconds.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout
Ecomtel Pty Ltd