[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 x Asterisk CVS-HEAD-03/13/05 - registration issues

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Sun Mar 13 06:38:46 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:
> Looks like a couple of problems here. I don't believe the Cisco phone
> handles md5, so remove that line.

As I told before, tried 3 different approaches:
1) password; md5;
2) password, no md5;
3) no password, no md5.

Only the third one worked. Trying to give SOME security, I added:
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=1.2.3.4/255.255.255.255
to the config.

> In your sip.conf you have "nat=yes", but in the sip show peers it is
> saying "Nat=N". That would imply that you need to "stop" asterisk
> and restart it after making such changes. Reload does _not_ reread
> all such changes, so don't use that until you have a solid understanding
> of its use.

The config was reloaded using "sip reload" and by stoping and restarting
asterisk. Both returned the same Nat=N. No changes noticed.