[Asterisk-Users] checking active SIP members of a queue?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sat Mar 12 16:58:34 MST 2005

Anton Krall wrote:
> You mean that if on a certain queue, your agents are using SIP or IAX
> phones, and you want to do a check so that when a cllers tryies to get into
> the queue, if no agent is logged in, do something else with the caller
> instead of hanging up?

Actually, I think he wants to go one step deeper, and if there are
agents logged in, but Asterisk cannot send calls to them (they are
unreachable or not registered any longer), to treat the situation as if
there were no agents logged in. That cannot be done at this time, but I
have it working in my development tree... but it's very ugly. Once the
new "generic event" system has been posted and merged (which will take
some time), the whole 'device state monitoring' system will work much
more smoothly, and it will be easily possible to have app_queue know
when the devices are unavailable so it can handle a caller differently.
(There is partial support for this now, but only for treating the agent
as "busy", not as "unavailable".)