[Asterisk-Users] VoipJet Terms of Service

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Mar 12 13:14:18 MST 2005

On March 11, 2005 10:49 am, John Goerzen wrote:
>  * Then there's the NDA: People are specifically prohibited from
>    telling anyone that they use VoipJet, including "end users".  Also,
>    we can't tell people what we pay for it, even though the prices are
>    right there on their website.

>  * Then there is this one: "The Customer agrees not to undertake any
>    action . . . that would harm VoipJet . . . in any way, including
>    financially."  So, if I got crappy service from VoipJet and blogged
>    about it, and thus cost them business, even if the NDA didn't get to
>    me, this would, even if my account was completely accurate.  How
> sickening.

You can put any silly thing you want in an agreement.  A judge would puncture
any NDA clause just as they'd puncture an illegal clause in a EULA or any
other contract.

Oracle has these stupid types of clauses in their contracts for evaluations
too.  The only reason people honor them is because if they don't they'll
never have another opportunity to evaluate the software and the bad karma
would follow them around for years.  (Think of online mags and the like.)

-A.