[Asterisk-Users] EADS6550 and asterisk - echo on PSTN call

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Sat Mar 12 13:22:13 MST 2005

administrator tootai wrote:

> If you're telling that I have to pass parameters to module when loading,
> I checked with modinfo wctdm (at office I have head version) and options
> I have are those:
>
> [root at dual asterisk]# /sbin/modinfo -p wctdm
> debug int
> loopcurrent int
> robust int
> _opermode int
> opermode string
> timingonly int
> lowpower int
> boostringer int
> fxshonormode int
> battdebounce int
> battthresh int
> alawoverride int
>
> Pardon my ignorance but no one of them remaind me to impedance. And for
> what I saw earlier in the source file, those informations could be
> updated with the value of the zaptel.conf file.

You need to add opermode=FRANCE

If you are using Didium FXS modules as well, with non 600 ohm phones,
i.e. European TBR21 standard, you should add fxshonormode=1 as well.
This will set the FXS impedance to whatever is specified in the opermode
= parameter.

You can confirm this afterwards by checking dmesg for an entry showing:

Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FRANCE mode)

Regards,

Richard