[Asterisk-Users] Realtime does not work yet, ...

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sat Mar 12 10:25:41 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

>Are you running any NAT anywhere? I see that your NAT value is set to '1'.
>It should be 'yes' or 'never'. That might be your problem.

The database field for nat it int(1)

I have NAT, ...

601 & 602 are on a ATA (public IP)
615 is a SNOM on the LAN (private IP)
621 is a Budgetone on the LAN (private IP)
Asterisk has one Ethernet on the LAN and one on the public IP

I tried to call from 601 and 615 to 621, both with the same result:
unavailable
Calls from 621 to 601 and 615 work!!! (However, ONLY if NAT is set to
'1' in the database)

>Have you tried adding this user into the sip.conf first to verify that this
>is truly an ARA problem?

I had the phone 621 first in sip.conf and commented it out there and
put into the database. It worked within sip.conf

>sipfriends => mysql,astconf,sip_buddies
>

>    Yes. Remove that line. This was done a few weeks ago to better split
>peers/users.

I have done that. This warning is gone! Thanks!

>>> "sip show users" and "sip show peers"   does not show the phone, but
>>

>    Go into sip.conf and enable the 3 RealTime cacheing variables. This will
>make them show up in the CLI.

I even googled for what you could mean here. I could not find out what
you suggested.

>>> "sip show users" and "sip show peers" still do not show anything.
>>

>    If you don't have RTCacheing on, then this is correct behavior.
>
>Try removing both phones from database and put them both into sip.conf and
>try again. If it works that way then there is a db "data" problem.
>
>As far as the voicemail goes, I'm not sure what happened with the
>'addmailbox' script. I've never used it. I just add a new record to the db
>and the path is created automagically by app_voicemail.

That explains the difference of creating it at a different place, ...