[Asterisk-Users] X-Lite and * SIP Problem

Richard Dutton richard at dutton.me.uk
Sat Mar 12 02:57:30 MST 2005

Hi,

I am playing around with SIP extensions on my local lan using X-Lite but I
am having a bit of difficulty, I have set up X-Lite and my sip.conf
accordingly, but when I start it I get the following message:

"Login failed! Contact Network Admin"

I am still able to dial local extensions on my * with x-lite even though it
is in this state, although trying to dial my sip extension from a real
extension results in a busy tone.

Every 30 seconds or so, my asterisk console shows the following message:

"Mar 12 09:48:00 NOTICE[802]: chan sip.c 8448 handle request: Registration
from 'richard <sip:richard at sip>' failed for '192.168.0.100'"

My sip.conf is as follows:

[general]
context=default
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes

[200]
type=friend
username=richard
secret=password
host=dynamic
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
dissallow=all
context=sip
allow=gsm

And my X-lite Default SIP Proxy config is as follows:

Enabled: Yes
Display name: richard
Username: richard
Authorisation User: richard
Password: password
Domain/Realm: 192.168.0.102 (my asterisk server's IP)
Sip Proxy: 192.168.0.102
rest left as default

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is all through a local lan, no
nat or anything.

Thanks,

Richard