[Asterisk-Users] SIP monitor thread is hanged up on a uClinux embeded linux system

Liang Huang huangl at parawireless.com
Sat Mar 12 02:19:33 MST 2005

I met a strange SIP problem recently.

In an ordinary procedure, when asterisk loads sip module, a series of
functions are called sequentially:
load_module()->restart_monitor()->ast_pthread_create()->pthread_create()->do_monitor()

However in my system, pthread_create() failed to create a child thread
to execute do_monitor(), (though pthread_create() returns a successful
signal to asterisk.) Therefore my sip monitor can't monitor the incoming
network flow and it results that no SIP packet will be caught.

Could anyone give me some hints to explain why the thread is not created
properly or why the thread is created but it doesn't execute do_monitor
at all. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Liang