[Asterisk-Users] Multiple IAX Phones Behind NAT

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Fri Mar 11 19:40:54 MST 2005

Does this also apply to this config:

* -> NAT -> internet -> NAT -> *

Connect both thru IAX2 and port redirect.

The weird thing is.. The second * sometimes changes ports randonly (mine
doesn't) and then mine cant register on that second one because it seems to
be sending the registration request to the old ports before it changed.

Here is an example on the console:

Iax2 show peers:
armando          (Unspecified)   (D)  255.255.255.255  0             UNKNOWN

Iax2 show registry:
201.135.26.29:11486   anton       <Unregistered>             60  Request
Sent

As you can see, the remote * server is using port 11486 and that ports
changes randonly each tiome the server is rebooted or seomthing.

To my understanding, as long as I could register and the remote *, the
remote asterisk would be able to register on mine right?