[Asterisk-Users] CNAM for Asterisk

Kevin Nguyen kevinn at accudatatech.com
Fri Mar 11 15:42:11 MST 2005

I am working for Accudata Technologies.  We
provide CNAM via http request or raw TCP/IP connection.
We would like to provide the same capability to Asterisk.  I installed
Asterisk on Fedora 2.0
and did reading about AGI and AGI application at
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+AGI,
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Manager+API, and The Asterisk
Handbook Version2
but still not clear on how to interface a new application to Asterisk.

At first I would like to interface a simple client application in C that
connects to an IP and
Port number.   The application receives a phone number from Asterisk (???),
connects to our server, sends the phone number, receives a caller name from
the server, sends the name to Asterisk (???).

Thank you for your help.
Kevin N.