[Asterisk-Users] Re: Vonage a provider?

Jeremiah Chapman jchapman at TexasWebGeeks.com
Fri Mar 11 15:27:13 MST 2005

Wiley,

Thanks for articulating what I know I feel and suspect that many others feel
as well. It is a simple fact that some people like to hear from a human
directly that they are on the right or wrong track. Often it is the fastest
way to figure something out.

-------------Personal story:--------------------------
I learned about asterisk just recently and I leaned very heavily on my
brother who has been at it for a long time now. I did not do much research
at all. I asked him what to do and how to do it. He told me what he knew and
then pointed me to the websites that had good information on them. Using his
knowledge, his dial plan etc plus what I learned on the websites, I was able
to put a complete system together in no time with multiple extensions,
voicemail, administrative extensions that allow configuration etc. Because
he was willing to help without slamming me about GOOGLE, I amazed him at how
fast I learned it. And now, I know it! It took me less than a week to be
able to say that.

Bottom-line,

It is much more efficient to stand on the shoulders of those who have
already learned Asterisk than it is to start from scratch.