[Asterisk-Users] No ringback over IAX - LiveVoip

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Mar 11 15:02:15 MST 2005

Maybe the way they present this selection isn't very fortunate, but I
fully understand where they're coming from.  They're providing wholesale
VOIP at wholesale prices.

Seriously, do the math -- If you're buying an inbound 800# from them,
you could get away with spending only $2.50/month ($29.95 prepaid,
expires in a year).  And if you used these $2.50 to receive 200 incoming
minutes a month, they'll make maybe $1 on you (assuming 1.27c/min sale
vs. 0.8c/min cost).

If it takes them more than ONE MINUTE/MONTH to support you, they've
already blown their profit.

I myself have often walked away from "expensive" customers, and business
people much smarter than me do this on a daily basis.