[Asterisk-Users] Re: Incoming echo cancel

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Mar 11 14:51:38 MST 2005

Nenad Radosavljevic wrote:

> Same problem here: if call come over ISDN PRI and it is for a SIP phone
> that equals to strong echo situation, at the SIP end. Interestingly this
> doesn't happen on all calls but it does on 95% of them. Asterisk load at
> that moment is insignificant - 1 to 2 calls.
>
> I have tried with all possible echo cancellers in zconfig.h, with and
> without MMX, and with and without CFLAGS+=-march=i686 in zaptel
> Makefile, but without any success.
>
> TE110P is on its own interrupt - no other cards on board except Intel
> chipset PCI LAN card (on shared interrupt) and machine is Intel 685
> chipset based, with P4 Celleron 2.6 GHz, 1Gbyte RAM, WD 10K RPM IDE HDD.
>
> I have even contacted Digium support with this issue, but except a
> request for some additional explanations of my setup, nothing from them
> so far (for about a week).
>
> Anyone have an idea, why this type of echo happens ? As far as I have
> read on the lists this type of echo should not occur at all, but it
> simply does !

I consider all this MMX stuff to be voodoo for echo problems.

If you have a PRI and SIP phones then the echo occurs on the far end
analog phone.

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:

echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes or 600 or 800

Yo have to STOP and restart Asterisk for changes in
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf to take effect.  You can unload chan_zap.so
and reload it as well, but wby bother.

--Eric