[Asterisk-Users] Trouble with Realtime

Nathan Bowyer nbowyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:15:09 MST 2005

Greetings,

I'm having some trouble with the realtime engines.  When asterisk
loads, everything looks fine, there don't seem to be any problems via
notices or anything.  Furthermore, cdr_odbc is working, and actively
logging my failed call attempts to db through ODBC using the same DSN.
 unixODBC and the mysql drivers are installed from source.

Here are the relevant parts of the config:

Extconfig.conf (Under the [settings] section)

sipusers => odbc,voip,sip_users
sippeers => odbc,voip,sip_users
voicemail => odbc,voip,voicemail_users
extensions => odbc,voip,extensions_table

res_odbc.conf

[asterisk]
dsn => MySQL-asterisk
username => voip
password => temp123
pre-connect => yes

Under extensions.conf, in the [from-sip] context:
switch => Realtime/from-sip at extensions.

Running isql MySQL-asterisk voip <pass> connects to the DB, and
queries return the proper data.

I have the following tables in the mysql databases:

+------------------+
| Tables_in_voip   |
+------------------+
| cdr              |
| extensions_table |
| sip_users        |
| voicemail_users  |
+------------------+

In voicemail_users I have an entry for 100101, and in extensions_table
I have an extension 520, priority 1 to playback tt-monkeys.  Asterisk
fails to acknowlege the existence of either.  sip_users is blank, and
cdr holds the (working) CDR information.

In /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini I have:
[MySQL-asterisk]]
Description     = MySQL ODBC Driver Testing
Driver          = MySQL
#Socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Server          = 10.10.15.30
User            = voip
Password        = temp123
Database        = voip
Option          = 3
#Port           =

and odbcinst.ini:
[MySQL]
Description             = MySQL ODBC MyODBC Driver
Driver          = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
FileUsage               = 1
UsageCount              = 2

If I've missed some relevant part of the configuration, let me know,
but I think I got all of it.  I'm pretty mistified at the moment,
after a few hours of working on it.

Thanks,
Nathan